Saturday, 1 November 2014

Company Bloggers Style The Highstreet Event


Dress- Sparkle And Fade (Urban Outfitters)
Necklace- Zara
Heels- Topshop Gallop 

On Thursday, my friend Hannah and I headed up to London to attend the Company Bloggers Style The High Street event in Tabacco Dock in London. After successfully navigating the Underground during rush hour, we rocked up just in time for doors opening and I changed into my amazing new shoes in the queue. As much as I love them, I didn't last very long in them. Beautiful but painful, as is the story with most heels!

I have mixed feeling about the event. The venue was stunning and there was more than enough space but all of the stands such as hair styling and nail art were all cramped into a small space where long queues quickly formed minutes after doors opened. The fashion show also ran behind schedule and we were given no information as to when it started, eventually having to ask security if they knew and once in, there was a large group of us that hadn't been assigned a table number leading to a bit of confusion at the doors.

However, it was by no means all bad. The fashion show was entertaining with a nice blend of fashion and dance and we were all grateful of the tapas inspired nibbles they had given us. In true student style, we did not hold back. Free food is always free food. All the drinks were also included and the staff were all really nice. The goody bag at the end included a mix of things from the sponsors at the event and other little beauty samples. As for the fashion side of things, I appreciate that the bloggers had to work within the scope of the shop they were styling but I much preferred eyeballing what my fellow attendee's were wearing. My favourite styled collection would probably have to be Warehouse styled by Amy. We quickly did a sweep of what was on offer in the styling area before scrambling upstairs to where we made the most of the selfie and blog photo opportunities.

Like I said, it's a mixed bag and after a long day, I was just pleased to be heading back home, feeling somewhat underwhelmed. I wouldn't jump at the chance to go again, personally.

Did anyone else go?
What did you make of the event?
xx

3 comments:

  1. those shoes are beautiful! thanks for sharing your link in tonights twitter chat!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read every single one :)

UA-39379170-1